We're committed to providing competitive products and a range of services aimed at meeting our members' needs and this shows in our 90% customer satisfaction rating*. But it's not just our members who think our service and products are great, take a look at some of the awards we've won in recent years.
2018 - We've been Shortlisted
We’re proud to announce that we’ve been shortlisted in four categories in the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018.
Moneyfacts selects companies that they consider to have the best products in a particular area, and as a provider of both savings and mortgages we’ve been nominated in the following categories:
- High Street Savings Provider of the Year
- ISA Provider of the Year
- First-Time Mortgage Buyer’s Choice
- Remortgage Buyers Choice
Have your say
If you’re a Leeds Building Society Member, you can let Moneyfacts know how we’ve performed on customer service over the last 12 months and help decide who wins the final awards! You can take part in the Moneyfacts Awards survey by following the link below before 17th November 2017, and by doing so you will also have the chance to win £1,000 from Moneyfacts Group Plc**. The full survey should only take 10-15 minutes to complete and you can be assured that none of your responses will be shared with ourselves or any other third parties.Vote here
**This prize draw is offered and operated independently by Moneyfacts Group Plc. Terms and conditions apply. To view full terms and conditions, please visit http://links.moneyfacts.co.uk/awards/Consumer-prize-draw-terms/
- ’Best Building Society Savings Provider’ at the Moneyfacts Awards 2017
- ’Best Shared Ownership Mortgage Lender’ at the 2017 What Mortgage Awards
- "Cloud Computing Innovation of the Year" at the FStech Awards 2016
- "Product Innovation Award (Lenders)" at the 2016 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- "Innovation Award (Lenders)" at the 2016 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- "Best Use of Agile Outside of IT"and the ‘Best Lean Implementation’ in the Agile Portal Awards
- 'Best Regular Savings Account Provider 2016' by independent consumer advice website Savings Champion.
- ‘Best Building Society Savings Provider’ at the Moneyfacts Awards 2016
- ‘Innovation in Personal Finance’ winner at the Moneyfacts Awards 2016
- ‘Best Shared Ownership Mortgage Lender’winner at the What Mortgage Awards 2016
- 'Best Regular Savings Account Provider 2015' by independent consumer advice website Savings Champion.
- 'Innovation Award (Lenders)' at the 2015 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- 'Best use of Technology (Lenders)' at the 2015 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- 'Best Intermediary Lender' at the 2015 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- 'Leadership Award, Peter Hill' at the 2015 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- 'Highly Commended' for 'Best National Building Society' at the 2015 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- 'Highly Commended' for 'Customer Service/Treating Customers Fairly (Lenders)' at the 2015 Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards
- The Society is proud to have been the first financial services organisation to be accredited by the National Skills Academy for Financial Services for Service Excellence. Gaining this accreditation in Service Excellence involved being measured against a robust list of 30 statements and positive indicators. The accreditation, valid for two years, takes into account the Financial Conduct Authority's regulatory principles in the treatment of customers.
- Total of 607 Best Buys, including 234 for mortgages and 322 for savings.
- 'Highly Commended' for 'Best National Building Society' at the What Mortgage Awards 2014
- 'Highly Commended' for 'Best Lender Website' at the What Mortgage Awards 2014
- 'Mortgage Innovation Award' and 'Most Innovative Personal Finance Provider' at the Moneynet Personal Finance Awards 2014.
- 'Innovator of the Year' at the Moneywise Magazine Mortgage Awards 2014.
- Total of 767 Best Buys, including 165 for mortgages and 567 for savings.
- ‘Best Buy-to-let Mortgage Provider’ at the Business Moneyfacts Awards 2013.
- ‘Innovation Award for Lenders’ and ‘Best Intermediary Lender’ at the Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards.
- ‘Best All Round Mortgage Provider’ at the 2013/2014 Personal Finance Awards.
- Total of 1,621 Best Buys, including 1,054 for mortgages and 548 for savings.
- ‘Best Regional Branch Network’ at the Your Money Direct Awards 2012.
- ‘Best Regional Lender’ at the 2012 Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards.
- ‘Best Use of Technology Award for Lenders’ at the Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards.
- Total of 956 Best Buys, including 630 for mortgages and 315 for savings.
- ‘Community Services Award for Large Lenders’ at the Mortgage Finance Gazette awards.
- ‘Best Cash ISA Provider for Consistency of Rates’ and ‘Trusted Provider for cash ISA’s’ award at the 2011 Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
- ‘Best Regional Lender’ at the Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards 2011.
- York branch named ‘Best Branch’ at the 2011 Consumer Moneyfacts Awards.
- Total of 775 Best Buys, including 375 for mortgages and 348 for savings.
- ‘Best Notice Account Provider’ and ‘Best No Notice Account Provider’ at the 2010 Moneyfacts Awards.
- ‘Best Regional Branch Network’ at the Your Money Direct Awards 2010.
- ‘Best Ecological/ Green Award’ at the Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards 2010.
- Awarded the ‘Carbon Trust Standard’ for reducing carbon emissions at our Head Office.
- Total of 902 Best Buys, including 194 for mortgages and 649 for savings.
- ‘Best Debt and Arrears Management Strategy’ at the Mortgage Finance Gazette awards.
- ‘5-star award’ at the FT Adviser Online Service Awards.
- Prestigious award for our children’s savings accounts at the ‘Your Money’ consumer awards
- Total of 453 Best Buys, including 274 for mortgages and 84 for savings.
- ‘Most Promising New Product’ for the Inflation Buster at the Institute of Financial Services Innovation Awards 2008.
- Received ‘4 Stars’ at the Financial Adviser 2008 Awards for mortgage service.
*Based on Customer Survey Q3 2014